Hi folks and thanks for visiting. My name is Cameron Buxton and I live in Carterton, Oxfordshire. I have been working as a graphic designer for
nearly 20 years now, having started my career as a studio junior for a local print and fulfillment
company. Computers in those days didn't exist and the tools of the trade were a drawing board,
scalpel and a great deal of Spraymount. During my formative years though, I became an accomplished
paste-up artist and airbrush illustrator and produced work for clients such as
Sony, Nintendo, Impressions, Ubisoft and Empire software. I illustrated for a wide variety markets
and also the packaging for some of the of the the best selling football computer games of
the late 80's and 90's including Kick
Then the Macintosh arrived, and the most useful command on the keyboard... Apple Z.
Below, for all that need to know, is an over view of my skill base.
- I utilise the latest design processes and techniques in the construction of these interfaces
and have been creating user friendly GUI’s for over six years. All Internet applications require
this philosophy to ensure a user-friendly experience.
- All Internet projects require a high level of design and visual input. Having started designing for
the Internet over 7 years ago, I have created many Intranet and Internet
sites for a wide range
of companies. These companies range from SME’s to Pan European Blue Chip clients.
Marketing and Advertising
- From inception through visualisation and storyboarding, to finished typography and DTP,
my experience and creativity is well tested. I have played a large part in bringing all my past
employers marketing designs in-house.
2D/3D Graphic Design
- I am adept in all aspects of modern creative techniques from freehand
design to the latest in computer
generated Imagery included animation using the latest software.
- I’m experienced in camera shoot and digital technology. I’m proficient in project management,
through storyboarding and concept sheets that enables me to take any media process (on paper, screen or camera) through pre-production, implementation and postproduction.
- 12 years experience. Normally the software used when creating any design for the Internet. I
would consider myself an advanced user and I’m more than adept at creating designs from
scratch or processing images through all of this package’s tools and plug-ins.
- 5 years experience. DHTML, XHTML and CSS are
fast developing into the languages of choice having accessibility and interaction that normal
HTML does not. This package is widely regarded as the best in the web authoring software market
and I use this as the basis for all page construction as well as hand coding.
- 12 years experience. This is now the industry standard for desktop publishing and can be used
to create anything from simple flyers to complicated brochures and directories. I have been using
this software for over 12 years now and would consider myself an advanced user.